Let's Make A Difference Together
We have wonderful volunteer job opportunities available around the world. Before you apply, be sure to read our Mission and Statement of Faith.
AustraliaRegional Coordinator Australia
CaliforniaBooth Volunteer Long beach International Quilt Festival, Long Beach California
Booth Volunteer Pacific International Quilt Show, Santa Clara California
HoustonRegional Coordinator Houston
GeorgiaBooth Volunteer Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, Atlanta Georgia
IllinoisBooth Volunteer Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, Chicago Illinois
KentuckyBooth Volunteer AQS - Spring, Paducah Kentucky
MassachusettsBooth Volunteer World Quilt New England, Springfield Massachusetts
MichiganBooth Volunteer AQA Quiltweek, Grand Rapids Michigan
Booth Volunteer Original Sewing & Quilt Expo, Novi Michigan
New ZealandRegional Coordinator New Zealand
OregonBooth Volunteer Northwest Quilting Expo, Portland Oregon
PennsylvaniaBooth Volunteer AQA Quiltweek Lancaster - Downtown, Lancaster Pennsylvania
TexasBooth Volunteer Houston International Quilt Festival, Houston Texas
VirginiaBooth Volunteer Original Sew & Quilt Expo, Fredericksburg Virginia
EnglandBooth Volunteer The Festival of Quilts, Birmingham England
Booth Volunteer The Knitting and Stitching Show, London England
Other OpeningsSocial Media Team Lead
Social Media – Pinterest Coordinator
Social Media – Instagram Coordinator
Social Media – Facebook Coordinator
Public & Media Relations
Sew Powerful combats extreme poverty by creating jobs that provide training and tools to facilitate the creation of purposeful products. These include purses, school uniforms, reusable hygiene pads, soap, and farm fresh food. All designed to promote and enable the academic success of children throughout Zambia, while providing the dignity of work for adults.
Statement of Faith
We ask that each of our volunteer leaders read and understand our Statement of Faith, which we’ve modeled after the Billy Graham Association.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit; whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
More About Us
Sew Powerful is a Christian ministry working to demonstrate the love of Christ to women and children in Zambia. We do that by organizing vocational training and jobs for adults. We teach them to make purposeful products — items such as school uniforms, reusable hygiene pads, soap, and farm-fresh food. We love and serve all people through our programs regardless of their faith, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation. Jesus said, 'Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' (Matthew 25:40).
Sew Powerful was founded by Jason and Cinnamon Miles. They are passionate about the tent-making ministry model, meaning they are earning a living via their own e-commerce companies - so the ministry can grow with very little overhead. Their family-owned business is located in Auburn, Washington. It includes Pixie Faire and The Happy Gardening Life. They are passionate about purpose beyond profits and giving back. They love working with people who want to make a difference.
We are team members that believe we can't do this hard work alone. We are better together and value every person's contribution.
We empower others - in Zambia via our program work, but also around the world via our Sew Powerful Purse program.
We walk by faith with hope in things not yet seen. We are trusting God for miracles that only He can do.
Why We Do What We Do
We Were Built For This
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Eph. 2:10
Hearts To Serve
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
Small Things With Great Love
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’