Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: Social Media Team Lead
Do you have an eye for design and experience creating effective visual presentation materials? In this job you’ll create resources using industry standard tools such as Photoshop. As part of the social media team, you’ll work to support content needs on multiple online platforms – as well as print graphics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design and update Sew Powerful communications materials for various online uses.
- Support the social media team as they share the Sew Powerful story visually.
- Create and help enforce a coherent and effective visual style across all platforms.
- Archive current and historical design elements.
- Provide custom designed materials as directed.
- Advanced competency in graphic art.
- Advanced competency in the production of marketing/communications materials.
- Competency using design applications such as Photoshop, InDesign, and online tools such as Canva.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities. Will coordinate for the purpose of communication and coordination with many Sew Powerful volunteer positions.
This job operates in a professional office environment, off site venues and outside event areas in various weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is regularly required to talk or hear. The volunteer frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer in consultation with Sew Powerful leadership and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary for certain volunteer activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Three years or more of successful work experience in digital design.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience in the production of marketing/communications materials.
- Prior non-profit marketing/communications experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Willingness to engage and strongly participate in activities of the organization.
- Heart for serving others to promote success with purposeful products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the volunteer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.