Sew Powerful Volunteer Job Description
Classification: All jobs for Sew Powerful are volunteers
Reports To: Social Media Team Lead
Coordinate all aspect and needs for photographic resources for Sew Powerful as we tell our story with pictures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate the effective use of our organizational photos.
- Edit photographs for various purposes as required.
- Coordinate with regional volunteers and other program staff to accomplish effect photography at their events.
- When possible – take photos at events and visits to our program locations in Zambia.
- Advanced competency in digital photography.
- Advanced competency in digital photography editing.
- Competency in archiving digital photography.
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities. Will coordinate for the purpose of communication and coordination with many Sew Powerful volunteer positions.
This job operates in a work-from-home environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a volunteer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the volunteer is regularly required to talk or hear. The volunteer frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The volunteer may be asked to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a volunteer position. Days and hours of work are determined by the volunteer in consultation with Sew Powerful leadership and will fluctuate based on the activities in which they are involved. Evening and weekend work frequently may be required as volunteer duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be necessary for certain volunteer activities.
Required Education and Experience
- Three years or more of successful work experience in this or a related field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience as professional or semiprofessional photographer.
- Prior experience archiving digital photography.
- Prior experience in digital photo editing.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Willingness to engage and strongly participate in activities of the organization.
- Heart for serving others to promote success with purposeful products.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the volunteer for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.